Thursday, December 17, 2009

Sticky Rice & Wreath Bento


Sticky Rice & Wreath Bento, originally uploaded by sherimiya ♥.
Made yummy sticky rice! Love to use sticky rice for bento. All the goodies are already in there, and the kids really like it. I added a small salad with marinated artichoke heart, carrot sticks, peapod vase with flower, and cherry tomato "wreath"! It's just a circle of tomatoes, but I'm calling it a wreath, and it's my festive Christmas detail in this bento :)
Plum and yellow carrot flowers for dessert.

Do you have any favorite "one-dish" meals you like to prepare because it's a fast and easy way to get the protein and veggies on the table all together? As you may have seen, I do... and I am always on the lookout for more!

9 comments:

  1. Lovely bento Sheri! Very festive ... And I will say fried rice is my favorite one-dish meals. Easy to prepare and my family love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...your bento always looks so good. You know how to place simple ingredients to look awesome!

    I just posted my favourite one-dish meal with recipe in my blog this week: http://amaasanatomy.blogspot.com/2009/12/three-bento-and-recipe.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lia, I agree about rice dishes -- very yummy!
    Hi Amaaris, thank you! I will check out your recipe too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful Bento. You are so talented!

    Fried rice is awesome I agree! And I love Wok-Noodles with veggy and protein of my choice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm, looks great, yummy and tasty ^-^
    I have a favorite oneädish meal, too.
    It's a kind of tuna salad.

    You need rice, tuna in can with vegetables, hard boiled eggs, pickles, Salt and Pepper.
    Mix all the ingredients and done ;) It's best to be eaten hot. I love this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful bento! My favorite one dish meal is miso ramen! We use myojo chikuzanmai miso ramen and add in our own protein and veggies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bento Lunch Blog, Thank you! I love to wok-fry noodles too :)

    Lil'chan, Thank you! That meal sounds great; I'll definitely have to try :)

    Susan,You know miso ramen is tops on my list too! Ono! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never made sticky rice. I should try somtimes.

    very nice bento

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks mook, I think you might like sticky rice; I hope you can try it soon :)

    ReplyDelete