Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Rudolph and Misobutterfish Bento

My favorite fish, butterfish misoyaki. So easy and so yummy! I added some red rice mini-musubi with cherry picks, carved carrots, steamed shoyu Brussels sprouts and a shoyu quail egg decorated as Rudolph with nori eyes, radish nose and ears, and the very versatile and useful bone picks for antlers. There's also a plum. I have no idea where it came from, but it's really not sweet at all. Luckily there are black grapes and satsuma mandarin to make up for it. Here's a closeup of Rudolph. Aww...

11 comments:

  1. Rudolph is just too cute!! I love those mini musubi, are those plain? or you seasoned it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lina! We're on the same schedule and you're always first to comment. I love it!
    I didn't season these -- they're so small I think he'll just pop them in before realizing it's only plain rice :)
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how Rudolph pooping up from your box, Sheri :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear that the plum wasn't terribly tasty. But the rest of the box more than makes up for it I think :-) The bone picks fit perfectly on Rudolph

    ReplyDelete
  5. This Rudolph is so cute! Your idea of using the bone pick is genius!

    ReplyDelete
  6. aw.. and Rudolph is so small, with sweet antlers :D , but sure is the star in this bento! :)
    Yummy butterfish... :9

    ReplyDelete
  7. He's so tiny and cute! I also love the tiny rice cherries! You are so creative Sheri..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Yenny, Stretching My Imagination, Pipaw, karaimame and Chantale!
    I do love reindeer...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww, Rudolph is a cutie pie! The miso butterfish looks perfect! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tiny Rudolph is the cutest! You are so creative to create your tiny foods :)

    ReplyDelete