Thursday, November 8, 2012

Bratwurst with Apples 'n Peppers LunchBots Bento

This one is another selection of little bites for TinySprite, this time in the super cool LunchBots Clicks series. This is the small set, which includes one stainless steel rectangular container with a 320ml capacity, and another one with a 480ml capacity. As you know, I am a huge fan of the other LunchBots, and I use the Uno, Duo, Trio and Quad regularly. I was very excited to see the company come out with a set like this: the same high quality sturdy stainless steel body but with a tight-sealing, gasketed lid. The lids click closed on all four sides similar to the way the Lock & Lock boxes work. The lids are made of translucent blue plastic and are completely leakproof! That's right -- your food stays in contact with stainless steel but is safely protected from spillage through tossing, dropping and inversion! I don't know about you, but this is just about as close to perfect as I can imagine. Besides this small set, there's also a medium size for adults or bigger appetites, and even a large set that would be great for picnics or roadtrips. How versatile is that? I'm very impressed.
For this meal I quickly grilled some brats alongside some sweet peppers/chopped apples/celery for the bigger box and layered some sliced stone fruit, berries and edamame for the smaller box. I think the amount of food here is perfect for my kindergartner's lunch and snack, plus she can manage the click-locking lids easily by herself. Total win!

8 comments:

  1. I just found your site and I love it! I've just started getting in to bento lunches... can't beat beautiful AND healthy. :) looking forward to reading your blog

    R.O.R.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello ROR! Thank you for stopping by. I think bento is great for bringing people together, and I hope you have a lot of fun with your new pastime ^_^

      Delete
  2. This looks very good! The LunchBots look super kid friendly too. Just wish they were cuter. But hey, if the food is so cute it doesn't matter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kimmy! The Lunchbots are not only kid-friendly, they are pretty kid-proof too (I love that!). Your kids (or YOU~!) would probably have a lot of fun putting stickers all over them, maybe? Just an idea...

      Delete
  3. Grilled bratwurst and apples!? Sounds perfect for autumn weather, and it sounds like you found the perfect bento box too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm on a brat kick right now; and I could eat one every day if I could get away with it. I am super loving this bento set! Thanks Judy.

      Delete
  4. I'd love to dive into this toothsome, hearty and yummy bento! Lovely arrangement of healthy treats as always...

    ReplyDelete