Thursday, December 6, 2012

Breakfast For Lunch Bento, Pt. 2

Let's hear it for breakfast for lunch! Actually, what happened is that I didn't have quite enough salmon to go around, so I decided to supplement the bento with tamagoyaki (rolled with chopped spinach and scallions) and nitrite-free gluten-free maple sausages. This sleek bento is for TinySprite, and includes the savory treats I just mentioned, plus a little grape tomato, a sectioned satsuma mandarin, a little steamed broccoli tucked into the free space, and some Okinawan sweet potato butterfly shapes. I've discovered that a very small sampling of each food item doesn't seem too overwhelming, and she's more likely to eat it all. One tier of this double stainless steel bento set serves her kindergarten appetite perfectly. She hasn't started using "real" chopsticks yet, but she's pretty close. I got this pair for her to practice, forgetting that she's a lefty and this kind of practice pair is sided! Hmm. I took it apart and put it back together in what I thought might be a backwards way, but I tried it and it didn't really work. I gave it to her anyway, and she was THRILLED. Didn't even notice that the thumb pad and finger indent were off. And get this: she actually uses it pretty well. Go figure. Haha! Whatever, right? ^_^

4 comments:

  1. Those chopsticks are too cute!! I want a pair! ^_^ I'm with TS, I like having a little bit of a bunch of different stuff. Variety is the spice of life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I think I'd starve trying to pick up enough food with those little things. So true about variety; she does get tired of the mundane monotony of too much sameness...
      Thanks Heather!

      Delete
  2. Fun colorful leftovers bento. Perfect for my leftovers linky. Please stop by and link it up! Leftovers on Fridays

    ReplyDelete