Thursday, September 17, 2015

Salmon Salad LunchBots Bento


I made salted salmon (shiozake) to serve over baby lettuce greens in a simple salad for my kids' bento today. Since we still have fresh corn, I added fresh cooked corn off the cob as well. The salmon has flavor enough to make this small portion quite tasty. And since she loves them, I also pan fried some potato wedges and sprinkled with furikake in the next section. In the last section of our well-used LunchBots Trio I placed sliced elephant heart pluots (I think this may be our last batch of the season. So sad! I love these sweet dark red fruit very much) and carrots to round out the bento. The lid stays on well enough to keep everything separate for them come lunchtime. Perfect!

4 comments:

  1. Love all the summery, flavorful goodness in this lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those picks made me laugh. And I think it just might have to be a Salmon Sunday. Nice Bento from one of the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kids eat like kings! these bento boxes all look great!

    ReplyDelete